AE Black Mountains Model Management Summit
Calling all Model Managers. Ability Engineering is hosting the Model Management Summit for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
Who is it for?
- EA Model Managers.
- Learning together and building on each other’s ideas & experience
- Tackling agreed common problems ***.
- To develop and deliver transferable skills and solutions that you can apply to your models straight away.
- It’s “Davos” for Large Enterprise Architect Models
*** Everyone attending will bring a question for the group, and we will work on answering them together. Here are some ideas to get you started…
- How can we maintain control of our architecture models?
- What’s the best way to coordinate model contents across programmes and projects?
- How can we improve the way we do model governance?
- What can we do to make sure quality doesn’t drop as the model grows?
- What’s really going on inside our models?
- … [your question here]
When and where will it happen?
Wednesday February 20th 2019.
- At a purpose built meeting venue in the Black Mountains in Wales
- Your ticket includes fantastic locally sourced and prepared food from Abergavenny – home of the renowned Food Festival.
- To ease travelling we will start at 10am and finish by 4pm.
- We can collect you from and deliver you to Abergavenny Rail Station.
- Contact us for local accommodation or travel recommendations.
- We have just 20 places available – to make sure that everyone has the chance to contribute.
- Ideally just one person from each organisation – to get the widest possible selection of model problems/perspectives.
- Just £35 per person.
How will it work?
Each person coming will submit at least one ‘problem statement’ of a particular aspect of model management in EA that they are grappling with.
Problem statements to include as much supporting information as possible.
These will be accessible by everyone in a private Google group for a few weeks so that everyone can comment/discuss and think about them beforehand.
From the problem statements and discussions, we select 6 that are representative of the whole or of wide interest/application. (Selection date = Thursday 31/01/19)
On the day:
The authors of those 6 problems will give a short (no more than 9 minutes each) presentation to the assembled Summit.
Everyone present votes, and the top 3 are chosen to be workshopped.
We split into teams and each team works on one of the three chosen issues.
Each team comes up with some options/impacts/recommendations and presents back to the whole Summit for review and comment.
That will be up to you.
What version of Model Expert are you using?
25 October 2022
EA v16 has introduced a 64-bit installer and is optimized for QEAX databases. What difference does that make to Model Expert?Learn More
Ian's Workshop at the EA Global Summit 2022
11 October 2022
Putting EA at the heart of your business - it's more than just adding usersLearn More
News from the EA Global Summit: Model Governance - it's more than just permissions.
11 October 2022
When your EA model contains business critical information, model governance becomes even more importantLearn More
Portfolio Manager - modeling many projects in one model
15 June 2022
Portfolio Manager - for managing multiple projects in a single Sparx EA repository - supporting a single version of the truthLearn More
Speakers for the Reading User Group announced
14 April 2022
The full line-up of EA experts and users who will be sharing their wisdom and experience in Reading on May 24th 2022 is hereLearn More
The EA User Group is back - May 24th 2022!
2 March 2022
Your chance to come and share your knowledge and experience with the the EA community - In Real Life!Learn More
Model Expert and EA built-in functions
25 January 2022
V15 of EA introduced some ideas which are similar to Model Expert - the idea of customizable 'perspectives'. But Model Expert gives you more...Learn More
Only Connect - a guide to EA traceability
6 September 2021
Join us at the EA Global Summit on 9/9/21 to find out why traceability is not as simple as just connecting two things together on a diagram.Learn More
New ways to work with relationship matrices
26 April 2021
Manage your model with more source and target detail, and apply quality checks to relationships using EA matrices.Learn More
Streamlined user accounts, downloads and shop access
26 April 2021
New websites for eaDocX and Model Expert. Making it easier to find the information you need.Learn More
Model Management at the EA Global Summit
1 June 2020
An introduction to the capabilities of Model ExpertLearn More
Improve your Model Quality - Free!
29 May 2020
The Standard edition of Model Expert is now available as a free downloadLearn More
Model Expert 2020 launched
6 November 2019
It's taken a very long time, but the latest, much improved, Model Expert 2020 has now been launched.Learn More
eaDocX and Model Expert in Gdansk
18 April 2019
On May 24th 2019, the next EA user Group will be held in Gdansk, sponsored by ATENALearn More
Model governance is not boring!
19 October 2016
Find out why by joining us at the EA User group event in Stockholm on November 11th.Learn More
New Product from eaDocX - Model Expert
15 September 2016
Model Expert makes it easy for Enterprise Architect Users collaborating on shared projects to model consistently.Learn More